1. The identity and the contact details of the data controller. DL Bookstore is the data controller responsible for your personal data. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Data we collect and process. When you visit our Website, and make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our Website, we also collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (such as credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
We will only collect and process Data about you where we have a lawful basis. Lawful bases include where you have given consent, where processing is necessary for the delivery of product you have ordered through our Website and other “legitimate interests.” Where we rely on your consent to process Data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. (See more in Section 3.)
3. What we do with your data. The Data we collect from customers is used to fulfill orders placed through our Website, which includes the processing of payment information, preparing orders for shipment, and providing order confirmations and other order-related communication. In addition, we’ll use Data from your visit to our Website to improve and optimize the customer experience, to screen for potential risk and fraud, to provide the most relevant advertisements and email communications to you, and to assess the success of our current marketing and advertising campaigns. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we are considered a “controller” of Data and we may engage third party “processors” of Data.
We will only collect and process Data about you where we have a lawful basis. Lawful bases include where you have given consent, where processing is necessary for the delivery of the product you have ordered through our Website and other “legitimate interests.” Where we rely on your consent to process Data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
4. Your Consent and Rights. By accessing our Website and providing data to complete a transaction or to receive communication from us, you have provided your consent for our use and collection of your Data. However, in the event you change your mind, and no longer wish that we utilize your Data, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line Privacy Compliance
5. What we do with your data. The Data we collect from customers is used to fulfill orders placed through our Website, which includes the processing of payment information, preparing orders for shipment, and providing order confirmations and other order-related communication. In addition, we’ll use Data from your visit to our Website to improve and optimize the customer experience, to screen for potential risk and fraud, to provide the most relevant advertisements and email communications to you, and to assess the success of our current marketing and advertising campaigns.
6. The period for which the personal data will be stored or the criteria used to determine that period. DL Bookstore will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account. Your information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us. We will periodically review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business, or consumer need for it to be retained.
7. Other Third-Party Services. In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your Data to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located
8. Disclosure of your information. We will not sell, trade, rent or disclose your Data to third parties, except in certain circumstances described below:
(a) We will disclose Data (i) if it is required by law enforcement or judicial
authorities, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation; (ii) if we
have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or
legal process; (iii) to protect our rights, reputation, property, or the safety
of us or others; (iv) to defend or enforce our rights or your obligations; (v)
if the disclosure is required by mandatory professional standards; (vi) to a
third party with your prior consent; (vii) if we are under a duty to disclose
or share your Data in order to enforce or apply any contracts or agreements
of Service found on our Website; and/or (viii) if we are required to exchange
information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud
protection and credit risk reduction.
(b) We obtain support through third party service providers to maintain our Website, offer our products for sale, process customer orders, and deliver products. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on our Website and we provide order information to third parties that may package and deliver your product order.
9. Data Security. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Data, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and Data exchanged between you and us through our Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) any such information and Data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
In the unlikely event that we believe the security of your Data in our control may have been compromised, we will try to notify you. To the extent you have provided us with your email address, we may notify you by email and you agree to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
11. Contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information email us at: email@example.com
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Effective Date: December 13, 2021